Monday, July 18, 2016

Big Dream Goal Achieved! 135 lb Military press 5 x 5 , 40 kg belt squat, Floor pushups pr,crawls side delts



Did NOT see this coming. I was hoping for 1-2 sets of five and the rests fours, given how tough last weeks presses were. No way did I think for a second I was going to get  5x5. But here it is! Very very happy to say the least. This was almost two years in the making from my humble beginning with 55 lbs and 2 sets of 5


A simple progressions, solid assistance exercises ( pushups and lateral raises!) wave loading and LOTS of patience are the keys. Just kept plugging away and there it is. Truthfully, when I set out to even attempt this I wasn't sure at all that I could do it. It was just one of those "out there" dream goals that if I got I got but if not, well, it was so far off.....

But once I got my shoulders squared away with the biceps tendon and could just concentrate on pure pressing it got much better. and progress much faster.

It was tough as shit though. The video above is set two. Set three was strong but set four I stalled the first and fourth rep and rep five was a LONG grind! I really thought I had shot my wad there  and when I started set five ( LONG rest between sets) I didn't know I could do it. And, when rep four was SO SLOW I was pretty sure I was fucked.

But I really didn't want to come so close and miss it; so I paused rep five on my chest and just ground and ground and ground til I finished it. Oh yea, and YELLED IT UP! lol.
Glenn was laughing it took me so long to finish.
But if I'm in the groove I can press. Always could and guess I still can

NOW, onto percentage singles training ala Prilepins table and towards my bodyweight press. Just SO glad to be done with FIVES!!!

Mil Press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 4
105 x 3
120 x 2
135 x 5 x 5!! All time PR

40 kg Belt squats
10,12, 14, 15

these were strong

Floor pushups
3 sets of 28 PR!!
1 sets of 22
106 total reps

interesting I could still do this after all that grinding.

Crawls
3 sets of 70 feet
just hard on my stomach. these always want to make me puke

Side delts
3 sets of 12 with 15 lbs

this is starting to feel light. I feel that these, along with rear delt raises have been invaluable in my pressing journey. Have to stay in balance and I was SO weak on these when I started.

BW 163.4
BF 11.6
W 57.0

had a good amount of carbs yesterday, perhaps that helped :)

ok off to celebrate!

datsit
Neverquit


No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...