Saturday, August 13, 2016

48kg One Arm Swings 10 x 5/5,hack squat, sandbag pushups, side delt



Glad we took this weight today, I had to get last saturday's shit workout out of my mind.And we've changed the program starting today as we move into essentially 'contest prep' for the 44 kg five minute test coming up in mid october. That's just 8 or so weeks til we test and I think not only are we ready for this new schedule it's exactly what we need to really kill the 44 and then the 48 test.

We'll alternate weeks of 5/5 with weeks of 10/10 all with the 48 kg. It will truly now be a max effort day with our speed day on Wednesday. If today is any indication we're on the right track but I'll really know next week.

Today was great though, smooth,strong and good power with less effort, I'm surprised to see how high the bell was reaching as I didn't concern myself with that at all today. I was trying a bit last week and lifting my head too much at the top of each rep and while I don't think that was the reason for anything it didn't help.
Strange that on the video set above Nick started to comment I wasn't using my legs as much while I felt just the opposite. Couldn't find a groove last week and this week really tried to lower my COG before I hinged and I felt it worked great.

Grip was fine but I have to keep my calluses down more. I could feel them and that won't work with tens.

One arm swing
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
36 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 5/5
48 kg x 5/5 x 10
100 reps
10,600 lbs
 very strong.

Hacks
65 x 10
85 x 10
115 x 10 x 2

these were good too and I used a faster, non lockout technique. legs are back up and I think getting my ruck miles in helped too. My legs disappear in the blink of an eye when I back off training.

Sandbag pushups
bw x 12
32 lbs x 12 x 3

strong

Side delts
3 sets of 15 with 15.

solid

BW 162.4 ?
BF 12
W 56.7

so weird.

long ruck tomorrow

datsit
neverquit


No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...