Monday, October 17, 2016

135 lb Military press 5 x 4, 32 kg belt squats,floor pushups,crawls,side delts



Didn't really know what to expect today. Body still felt fine but a little DOMS started to creep in, finally. Right hamstring was a little tight but I rolled it out. But I did realize what a peak it's been and didn't want to get greedy.

I still have to travel and teach a bunch this weekend.

Military press
 stick x 5 x 2
45 x 5
65 x 5
85 x 5
105 x 3
120 x 3
135 x 4 x 5 sets

this was better than expected but I had some tightness problems for a few sets/reps. Lost my glutes on a few reps and had to re adjust. haven't done that in awhile
arch was ok but I was front panel tighter than usual
ball back bends helped
I could have done at least 3 sets of 5 reps but did NOT want to grind at all today.
this was plenty and always good to have plates on :)

32 kg Belt squats
32 x 12, 14, 16, 18

One realization from the test was that I need to work more lactic acid tolerance for my quads. They were screaming more than anything at the end. that and glutes but mainly quads. Have to do high reps on the belt squats and time to take the lunge work up BUT how to do that and not overtrain my CNS is the issue.

Always some weakpoint to work on to get better

Floor pushups
3 sets of 30
decent. Last 5 reps of 3rd set very hard

crawls
3 sets of 70

have to push these up now too I guess

side delts
3 sets of 12 with 15's

excellent

ok roll and stretch tomorrow

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...