Saturday, October 08, 2016

48kg One Arm Swings 10 x 5/5, hack squats, sandbag pushups, side delts



I was nervous about this because I feel so strong. I didn't want to get overconfident and tweak something just because I felt good and it was only 5 rep sets
So I didn't but it was hard to "relax" into the workout. The test is coming up next week and hopefully everything will go as planned. We shall see though but, mentally, it doesn't scare me. I respect it, of course, but I'm not scared because I think I am ready.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
36 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 5/5
48 kg x 5/5 x 10

best height and power ever. Grip was solid and lungs weren't even a mention. Plenty left in the tank, as should be

One thing I have to remember next week is to get my HR up before the test. 24 and 28 kg warmups will be 10/10 just to actually break a sweat and get warm for real. And the HR up then down.

Barbell hacks
65 x 10
95 x 10
115 x 10
135 x 10 pr

doing reps on this day is right

Sandbag pushups
bw x 12
32 lbs x 12 x 3 all reps chest touched bar, a first

Side delts
3 sets of 10 with 20 lbs

felt strong!

of long ruck tomorrow with some speed work thrown in.

datsit
DFQ

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Rif. I notice you keep your palm during the entire swing. Tracy keeps her thumb up for left hand and her thumb down(ish) for right hand swings. Is there a right way or wrong way for wrist position? Awesome work as always!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I notice you keep your palm *down* during the entire swing.

Mark Reifkind said...

Standard hardstyle technique is palms down with a little internal rotation on the backswing for the clean and the snatch.
Tracy goes thumb up left because she broke her elbow when she was a little girl and it doesn't work the same as her right.

and thanks for the kind words and comment!

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...