Sunday, December 18, 2016

Freezing ruck

It was frosty this morning when I set out on my ruck but it was clear and beautiful too. I love doing endurance work in the cold; it definitely encourages me to move faster to keep warm.
Felt great from yesterday and the low volume would makes today's work easier; I hoped.
And it did

50 lb Ruck
12 laps
11 isometric squat holds
4th lap 7:41
8th lap 7:22
12th lap 7:02 !!!

Nice intervals. Solid ground, instead of wet sand and mud makes it much easier to move faster though.:)
Again, still haven't figured out how to move any faster without breaking into a trot. I visualize a giant hand on my back, pushing me forwards as I walk, doing my variation of my understanding of pose walking. It works but my legs are only so long :)

BW 163.8
BF 12.3
W 56.5

more water soluble fiber is helping. When I cut quest bars out I took 15 gms of fiber out of my daily diet and it didn't all get replaced. so, quest bars back in as well as psyllium with my oats.

Ok back to 140 presses tomorrow and if's it a good day I would like 5x5

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...