Monday, January 23, 2017

120 lb Military press 5x5 breakthrough!,36kg belt squat,floor pushups pr, crawls, rear delts



Wow. A HUGE breakthrough on technique today. Just as big as the groove on my swing was saturday. perhaps more.

I always have felt it wasn't my strength that was messing up my press but my mobility and today I proved it right.

I knew I had to get the bar to rest on my chest if I had a chance to do 5x5 with heavy weights. It's too long a set to hold the damn weight in my arms and shoulders. That was the first part, The second was using the cue I got from Omarlsuf's video of the quick lat activation and thoracic spine extension.

My mistake was setting back too much at the beginning and trying to hold it.I just got wore out. This technique lets me stand more upright, holding the weight with my body instead of my arms,flex the lats and push back with some speed.

JUST like my old lats "squeeze the sponge" technique on my kb press


It's also called a tempo press in the Russian literature but there is more t spine movement in a true temp press

Either way this was the easiest presses I've ever done. With good speed. If you can't move the bar or bell fast in a groove it's not optimal. Thats the test. I thought I couldn't just because of my lack of mobility but it was really a technique issue!

Crazy!

I can see 140 for 5x5 now easy. being able to hold the bar on my chest/body is everything. I was getting worn out hold the bar at the body AND the top of the lift ( no bone lock on lockout)
This changes everything.

Military press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 4
105 x 2
120 x 5 x 5  easy!

36 kg belt squat
12,13,14,15

Floor pushups
3 sets of 32 ! PR

not killing my arms in the press first helps

crawls
3 sets of 70 ft

Rear delts
3 sets of 15 with 15

YES!!!

BW 164.8
BF 11.2
W 57.1

ok stretch and roll tomorrow

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...