Wednesday, January 25, 2017

24 kg Speed Swings 20 min, walking lunges,parallel pushups, side delts



I wasn't sure how this was going to go but it was fine. Definitely more tired in the glutes than ever before as this new swing groove really works them, but the groove still held! even for 20 minutes.
Haven't done this in a long time; it's really a mind workout more than anything and I now recognize it's importance. It's not about the time it's about being able to calm the mind and stay the course.

Breathing too is critical and this really helps with that. It's gotta be a main focus, maintaining easy solid breathing.
Power wasn't 100 % of course but goal one was finish

Speed swings
24 kg x 10
15:15
40 sets
21,200 lbs
400 reps

Still felt like I had the groove and a power position even at the end and I was able to control the movement all throughout

Walking lunges
3 sets of 40 steps.

all I had, these creatine pumps are nasty! I forgot what a pump felt like! great for bodybuilding not good for strength endurance work.

I am going to cut back to 2.5 gms instead of 5. Plus I'm eating a ton of grass fed hamburger. I want to be able to get tight when I want it but not walk around too tight.

Parallel pushups
 25 25 20

good here but still tired now

Side delts
3 sets of 15 with 15

better rom on these

BW 166.4 ?!!
BF 12.9
W 56.6

this is weird.

ok ruck up tomorrow

datsit
DFQ



No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...