Monday, January 16, 2017

140 lb Military press 4x5 1x3, 48 kg belt squats, floor pushups,crawls, rear delts



Damn! SO close, again. I was shocked again that I didn't make it. The first four sets this time were even stronger than they were three weeks ago even though I ended up with one more rep last time.The bar rack position and the drive and lock out were better. But not being able to rest at all in either the lockout or the rack ( can't lay the bar on my chest fully) is just adding up and I'm not strong enough yet to get that last rep.Even with a solid 3 min rest before the last set

But my shoulders didn't ache or the bicep tendon go out even once and everything felt good so no excuses except I  missed.

Saw this video earlier from Gary Funck and the "break the bar' cue REALLY helped a ton off the chest


Lots of great stuff here too, and again it's Lats, the super muscles to the rescue.I get more sore in my lats from heavy press day than anywhere else!

I still just need more mobility/flexibility overhead. Right now that's the weak link, not my pushing ability. the reps where my arch is right the press goes up easy. But because it's pretty extreme ( because of my lack of pure OH mob) that I just can't "set in", I end up searching for it and that costs me  energy and the platform for more reps.

The more energy going into stabilizing the bar the less one has for pushing it up

Still going in the right direction it just really slowed down. Now the question, what to do next?

My first thought was go heavier for lower reps; say 145 for sets of 3. But with the peak of Sinister swings in just six weeks probably not a good idea

The other idea is to just add sets of whatever reps and  build strength endurance. I could have done another two sets of 2 reps or so today. Build the total reps up so 4x5, 2 x 3 ,1 x 2  so 28 total reps ? not sure have to think on it

But again the swing test has to take priority.

Military press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 4
105 x 3
120 x 1
140 x 4 sets of 5 1 set of 3

I seem more upright in the video than usual, which would be good, but I get more upright as the reps go on and the 4th rep attempt on the last set the bar got WAAY out in front.

48 kg belt squat
12, 13, 14, 15

solid but legs are sore a bit

Floor pushups
3 sets of 31

hard but do able

Crawls
3 sets of 70 feet
hips lowest ever

Side delts
2 sets of 10 with 20 1 set of 8

these were hard but good!

BW 164.6
BF 11.7
W 57.1

still surprisingly good for monday

need a really good stretch and roll tomorrow

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...