Wednesday, February 01, 2017

24 kg Speed Swings 16 min, walking lunges, parallel pushups, rear delts



Very strong session today. Mentally solid as well. Didn't even look at the clock until 10 min had passed; I just went off Glenn's last rep. Breathing and wind were solid too as was the "launch" technique!
I am getting glute work like never before. It's a game of inches and degrees. I was doing "almost" the right technique and timing to maximize my hip drive  but not quite enough. Wow, what a difference. I feel like I'm jumping off a diving board now.

It will take some time though to really train up this specific motor pattern

24 kg Speed Swings
15:15 x 10
16 min
32 sets
320 reps
16,900 lbs

next week will be 18 min, then 20 min then back to 12 and then  nothing the week of the test.

Walking lunges
3 sets of 40 steps
getting easier too. a bit longer stride today

Parallel pushups
3 sets of 26

solid teshnik

rear delts
3 sets of 15 with 15
some good endurance on this finally

BW 167!!!! WTF?
BF 11.9
W 57.0

then, after bath at 1 pm
BW 165.4
BF 9.9
W 57.7

now that's just weird

ok ruck up tomorrow and the 40 kg on Saturday. things are back on course

datsit
DFQ


4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Toad said...

Rif, can you explain what you mean by "rear delts." I mean, I know what posterior delts arts, but I assume you are doing something specifically targeting them.

Mark Reifkind said...

Toad I am doing bent db laterals

Toad said...

Ah, got it, thanks for the response.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...