Saturday, February 04, 2017

40 kg One Arm swings 10x10/10 , hacks, sandbag pushups, side delts



Just freakin' strong today! This is just what it's supposed to feel like! The weight felt light, the bell speed was solid, the groove was right on and my wind was strong. We did all 200 in 32 minutes but I could have gone even faster. I thought about doubling up the last two sets but thought better of it but I know I could have made it.
The bell felt like a 28 :) and I was so so happy with my groove and technique,it really saved the day. For the first time EVER I really know what the bottom feels like! I can hit the hole and feel like I am jumping out of it, with ALL the players contributing. The load is seriously distributed among the working muscles and nothing gave out first, just as it should be.

So some conclusions:

1) 200 reps for Sat heavy day is a must
2) light and longer for Wed speed day is a must
3) Red meat is a must
4) creatine actually works to improve strength, endurance and recovery
5) as in my squat and deadlift weight FLAT on my feet at the start and finish of the rep is vital. Back on my heels does NOT work well, heel or no heel.

One Arm Swings
16 kg x 5/5
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 4/4
36 kg x 4/4
40 kg x 10/10 x 10
17,600 lbs
32 minutes

A++ workout!

Hacks
65 x 8
95 x 8
115 x 5
140 x 5 PR!

seriously strong here too. Just feel like I can't get tired. It's been forever since I felt that in a training session

Sandbag pushups
bw x 12
32 x 12 x 3 sets

same here too. very strong

Side delts
3 sets of 12 with 15 lbs . BIG RoM here. shoulders feel great

BW 165.2
BF 12.1
W 56.7


ok lets see how the long ruck goes tomorrow. hope for some fast intervals too.

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...