Monday, March 06, 2017

Back to work: KB Press, KB front squat, floor pushups, crawls, side laterals



Took off from rucking yesterday. I had fantasies about 60 lb ruck for 6 miles but I was still in the glow sunday morning when it was wet cold and nasty out and I just decided to stay comfy and enjoy my victory and celebration a bit longer

Today was the start of new things though, finally done with this three year quest. Now onto new( old things) and the KB press is one of them

Started playing with the Cashin clean, Ed Cashin technique of catching the clean with a very vertical forearm , as if in a bottom's up clean position. First try at it for real but it felt very good. Video looks like I have to lower my fist a bit to get it under the chin but it's a great start and the press felt STRONG!
Shoulder too

better angle of it here on this work set with the 24 kg


KB press
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 3/3
24 kg x 2/2
28 kg x 2/2
32 kg x 2/2
24 kg x 3/3 x 6 sets

KB front squat


Wow, the last time I did these my knee didn't bend near as much as it does now yet the technique I used today was from them and it didn't fit. Have to toe out a little more and open the stance up too. I was feeling a little hammy tightness from the handstand kickups ( of all things after that!) but I was being cautious and it shows in the video.
these will alternate with goblet squats too in the future

 2 KB front squat
2 16s x 5 x 2
2 24s x 5 x 2

Floor pushups
2 x 35
1 x 21!!

serious arm death- no creatine for three days ,lol

Crawls
3 sets of 70 ft

Side laterals
3 x 12 with 15's

BW 167
BF 12.8
W 56.3

feel bloated and full :)  time to get to work again

New Monday Schedule
Week A                             Week B
barbell press                      KB Press
goblet squat                       2 KB Front squat
floor pushup                      Floor pushup

good start back

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...