Saturday, April 01, 2017

40kg One Arm Swings, 15 lb CB swipes, 16-24 pyr snatch,bar hack squats, weighted pushups, rear laterals



Today went well, despite the crick in my neck, then my t spine, then my neck again on the other not really "clearing".Nothing scary just literally, a "pain in the neck". Oh and som QL tightness as well. Haven't felt that in ages
Brought back memories of the bad old days of constantly being tweaked, needing/wanting to work on it to clear it and not having it come all the way out.
Just irritating. Too much flexion and not enough body maintenance gets me everything. I actually was starting to think I was immune but this is a very good lesson that I am not. Indeed will never be. A very very gentle lesson too, thank you very much

Everything felt slightly foreign , even too stiff until enough sets had passed to really warm me up and re set my groove.

One arm Swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg  x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 5/5 x 10 sets

good height, good float and virtually no cardio stress. Think I'll have to go up to 7's or 8's. I think I can still keep high power up on that many with not much more CV stress

Swipes


thought this might be  a good addition haven't done these in years and they felt perfectly natural right out of the box.
Five sets of 10 with 2 15's no problem

Snatches
Didn't think I'd do these but I wanted to see
16 kg x 5/5
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5 x 3

felt good. overhead no problem

Weighted pushups parallel bars
BW x 10
32 lbs x 10 x 3 sets

easy

Rear laterals
3 sets of 12 with 15's

BW 163.4
BF 11.9
W 56.7

Im sure my weight will rise in accordance with my loading. No worries now

medium ruck tomorrow and back on schedule the next week

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...