Sunday, April 30, 2017

Easing into the heat and intervals ruck



Starting to get warmer earlier now, telling me it's time to re set my brain for summer sweating rucks. The heat really tells  you when you are in true shape but it's never any fun getting there; and is the true mind training.

Good time to test out both my xoskin compression shorts and shirt. Usually I don't like 'knit' fabric for anything, but again, I was very surprised just how well these products worked to keep my cool and less sweaty for sure.
And the compression pants worked perfectly for the lower half; really just what I've been looking for and thinking about. Some decent support but not too much. the wicking and air cooling properties are a big plus, along with the no chafing. The fact it's 20% copper infused too can't be bad either as they were selling copper infused products for arthritis relief for many years.

I bought a Tommy Copper knee sleeve before my TKR just for that reason.

I also like stuff I can wear over and over again without it breaking down much. Rinse and wear is great,hopefully I get to travel again soon and test it out in that environment

50 lb Ruck
12 laps
11 iso squat stretches
4th lap 7:40
8th lap 7:12
12th lap 7:00

very happy with these times and even more happy that I felt strong enough to do them. It's been about 8 weeks from the 48 kg test then the cert and only now and I am feeling fully recovered. Adrenaline can really kick your ass for a long time after, especially, I guess, as you get older.

BW 165.2
BF 12.0
W 56.7

feel really good, lean and hard. something's shifted in the right direction

heavy presses tomorrow back to last weeks workout with 150 and do it proper. Focus point: easy rack support at start. have to get those delts stretched out early

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...