Saturday, May 13, 2017

48 kg One Arm Swings 13 x 6/6, CB arm casts, hack squats, wt pushups, rear laterals



Was sore as F*&K yesterday for some reason. Traps tight out of nowhere, even arms and shoulders were weirdly tight out of the blue. Felt "nervy". Had tracy try to push her elbow through my traps for a couple minutes straight, mainly on levator, and it worked like usual.
Don't get this often but when I do having that kind of pressure on levator usually does it.but I can't do it for myself.

Not sure why though.
Groin pain seems to have come from a new way I've been getting out of the kneeling lunges I spend so much time in throughout my work day. I was straightening the back leg completely first out of the kneel  and now I know how it got strained. It confused , and, worried me, It reminded me way too much of old back injuries and I want NONE of that ever again, thank you very much.

But things were peachy this AM at the start

One Arm Swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 55
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
35 kg x 4/4
40 kg x 4/4
48 kg x 6/6 x 13 set



Felt like power was very solid for every rep of every set and the groove was very consistent as well. Balance too, it wasn't throwing me around at all
Transferred right to left each set too, for the first time in awhile. Biceps tendon no problem. Seems I have to swing the arm higher before I transfer and it's fine.
I realized it was always good on all the warmup sets, then why no on the work sets? This is it; I was reaching for the bell too early and moving the shoulder in an abnormal way

Arm Casts
20 x 8/9
25 x 8/8
35 x 6/6
     x 5/5

this is heavy enough for now . love this move though.

Supersetted with

Barbell Hacks
65 x 8
95 x 8
115 x 8
125 x 8
135 x 6

no problems. another movement that's turned  out to be a perfect staple for balancing out my body.

Sandbag pushups
bw x 12
32 lbs x 12 x 3 sets

harder after the arm casts for sure but actually a perfect pre exhaust for my triceps!

Rear laterals
3 sets of 10 with 20's

getting tired now

BW 166.2
BF 11.0
W 57.3

Long ruck tomorrow will take it easier. I think I overworked right glute showing off for Gabe last week :)

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...