Monday, May 22, 2017

MIlitary press PR Day! 165 and 170 lbs! then 4x5 135, 65 continuous pushups!



Did not see this coming so easily either! This has been in my head for awhile, taking a weight, but I didn't know when. Glenn is out of town and I was tired from Sat's heavy swings and yesterday hot ruck so the idea of doing 5x5 with something heavy; well I was not feeling it.

Plus my right wrist was weird as the radius moved a bit and wrist extension was feeling great so I doubted my ability to go PR land.

Then, when I started warming up, and because of the wrist, I thought I'd give a false grip press another try. I did this forever in powerlifting, actually the only way I could bench anything, and tried it once with this press but it didn't feel right.

Today, it did. Perfect, in fact.

 Warmups went quick and easy and I easily had the most squared away mind set for a press I have ever had. Almost no hesitation between start to "go" and getting the bar on my chest. This false grip set up is faster too.
I kept saying to myself ' just press' and I did.

Not even ONE LITTLE bicep tendon twinge! and my wrist was fine too. This actually stretches out the prontator teres which is the problem with the wrist

Military press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 4
105 x 3
125 x 1
135 x 1
150 x 1
160 x 1
165 x 1 PR!
170 x 1 PR!! BODYWEIGHT+ PRESS!!!  ( bw = 166.4)
 135 x 5 x 4 sets! was going to do 5 but wanted to take a high rep pushup attempt but they were easy!




40 kg belt squat
4 sets of 16

played with some lunges but decided not to

Floor pushup
1 x 65!! PR


these were strong but tough after all that other pushing.! If I had stopped at the top and done some singles I MIGHT have pulled off a few more but that's how I tweaked my wrist last monday so I didn't want to chance it.
Still a 5 rep pr, I'm very happy!

Ring triceps extension
 3 sets of 12, 10, 8

couldn't face more pushups so I played with these. worked well, no shoulder issues like last time. they are going in the mix somewhere.

Side raises
3 sets of 10 with 15

BW 166.4
BF 11,9
W 56.8

GReat freakin' day!!

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...