Monday, July 31, 2017

145 lb Military Press; 3 x 5,1 x 3, 1 x 4, 1 x 3, 48 kg belt squats,floor pushups, crawls, rear delt




I had to choose between taking 140 or 145 for my work weight today. 135 was semi tough last week so 140 would have been a smarter choice but I thought last week was tough for technical reasons and I thought I had them figured out.
So 145 would be better, it would tie my current pr for 5x5 ( which was NOT easy at all) and would get me to 150, my next goal weight for 5x5 faster.
I didn't expect it to be hard, to be honest
And, I felt really strong and solid coming in and warming up

But I made a small mistake which really cost me in the rep count BUT I figured out a very key piece of the standing military press puzzle.

Warmups felt good as I wrote and the work weight felt light. The walkout setup was solid ( I thought) and the initial drive was good but the middle was off

The first three sets of 5 werent bad at all but on the 4th rep of the 4th sets I just stalled. Nothing.Nada, No gas

WEIRD

And all in the triceps.
5th set layback more 4 reps!
6th set of 3 EASY when I did as Glenn suggested and put the bar higher on my chest. I was taking it off too low and really increasing the ROM AND the bar path

As soon as I racked the weight higher on the neck the last set was FAST!
It's fine to miss the work weight if I figure something out like this!

Mil Press
bar x 5
65 x 6
85 x 3
105 x 3
135 x 1
145 x 5 x 3, 3 x 1,4 x 1, 3 x 1

same rep count (25)  as 5 x 5

have to decide to repeat this weight or just go up to 150 and start chipping away at it

48 kg Belt squat
4 sets of 12

a higher squat but I can really feel a  difference in the different part of the leg
( more mid thigh and glutes!)

Floor pushup
35 x 2 sets
30 reps

triceps were cooked from all the mis grooving

Crawls
3 sets of 70 ft
fast

Rear delts
3 sets of 12 with 20 lbs

BW 167.2
Bf 12.2
W 56.6

feel thick lean and strong today
recovered from the adrenal dump

datsit
DFQ



No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...