Monday, August 07, 2017

150 lb Military Press 5 x 4 ( almost) PR , 32 kg belt squats, floor pushups,crawls, side delts



This was a tough one mentally. Didn't sleep well last night and had a hard start getting focused. I wasnt feeling "in" my body but more my head. Never a good place to be :)

But I took it out of my ass and got to work. As usual, by the time I got really warmed up and feeling good the workout was almost over.

Military press
 bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 3
105 x 3
120 x 2
135 x 1
150 x 4,4,3,3/4,4,4 all fours are PR's


the setup didn't feel right til the last two sets. Not enough arch ,nor glute tightness nor grip! It's a miracle I made them.
My right QL was tight all morning and as I arched and pressed overhead it resisted. It felt better each set but it still took almost the whole time to release.
Pressing re balances my flexion dominant posture and I always feel better, structurally, afterwards. It's just getting the front panel opened up that takes so long

And I KNEW this going in and prepared to focus on it. Just took awhile to get in and you only get so many sets :)

this was the second set


can't quite count the lockout of the fourth rep but I'm counting it anyway :)

32 kg belt squats
4 sets of 20

legs feel strong

Floor pushups
35
36
37

strong. focused on keeping my head higher and eyes up

crawls
3 sets of 70 ft

strong but these always make me want to throwup!
almost always
weird

side delts
3 sets of 10 with 20's

not as strong as hoped but ok


BW 168!
BF 12.3
W ?

Tracy's birthday party yesterday :)

back to work

datsit
dfq


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks again for your support! I REALLY needed to hear "build your base"!!!!

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...