Wednesday, September 20, 2017

24 kg speed swings 14 min, walking bw lunges,parallel pushups, handstands, side delts



Steady one today. Back to only 14 minutes ( I write that with my tongue fully in cheek) and it was strong all the way through.
Slept poorly last night and was beat but it was no problem mentally to get through it and still put max power into each rep.
Lungs and wind were fine

Looked at clock at 11:30 in, about 4 songs, that's how I count now. Just go by the song but I could look each set too and it would be no problem. Big mental gain there.
MUCH stronger

24 kg Speed swings
15:15 x 8 RPA
14 min
224 reps
11,872 lbs

walking lunges
4 laps unbroken
slower reps more focus on quad stretch and pushing knee over toe on each step

Parallel pushups
35
30
25

now last night is catching up to me

Handstand
4 reps off bosu. best yet, hitting back beam not ceiling and played a bit with alternating leg offs

side delts
3 sets 12 with 15

just tired  now

BW 168.8 !!
BF 12.7
W 56.3

belt still in same hole tho lol

ruck up tomorrow then the weekend of StrongEndurance event. that should be very interesting

datsit
dfq


4 comments:

Jon Olson said...

Mark,
On your speed swing days - are you going from arm to arm for the full period or do you add breaks into the mix? are the breaks at time points, rep count points or points where fatigue has set in?

Great job on the military press progression.

Jon

Mark Reifkind said...

Jon

I do 8 reps per arm in 15 sec then rest 15 sec and repeat for alternately 14 min then 16 then 18 then 20 min. I do this once per week

and thanks about the press, very happy with theprogress

Jon Olson said...

Mark,

thank you for the responses to my questions.

Jon

Mark Reifkind said...

No problem. This blog gets very few readers and even fewer comments so I am more than happy to answer those who follow and comment!

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...