Wednesday, October 25, 2017

24 kg Speed Swings 18 min, walking lunges, parallel pushups, side delts

Not quite ready to be this size again
BigRif circa 1995 ( Big Chief Jim McGoldrick sorting his wraps )

Solid session. Warmed up quite a bit but it was no problem. The entire 18 minutes was strong and I didn't look at the clock til half past 11 minutes. I was able to maintain high power output for each rep and set.
Left lat attachment at ilium started to talk to me with right hand swings. I brought my left in closer and that seemed to make a big difference. this has been talking to me on speed days for a few weeks so it was good to get it sorted. Or at least I think I did.
Doesn't bother me with heavy weight, just the high volume.

Speed swings
15:15
8 reps per arm ( RPA)
18 min
288 reps
15, 264 lbs
RPE = 7

Walking lunges
 4 laps of 40 steps

these were stronger than they have been.slowed them down and made sure to not ascend til I felt grass against the knee :)
ouch

Parallel pushups
35
30
25

wow that was hard. Just tired from Monday

side delts
3 x 12 with 15
extra slow and high

BW 171.4 !!!!
BF 12.4
W 56.7

this is so weird. About 2800 cals yesterday and very low carbs but something must have switched in my metabolism cause the weight won't drop and I'm not willing to train lighter or eat much less. Gotta fuel my life and my training. Not to mention my sanity

I do believe it's mostly upper body muscle but, wow.

datsit
DFQ

2 comments:

Kettlebell Courage Corner Seattle WA said...

Change in season affecting your weight perhaps, or stress response to something? In any event you are a beast embrace it!

Mark Reifkind said...

naw, it started happening the last 8 weeks or more. I'm growing and that's cool but I'm not going up a belt size,thats for sure. I can't embrace that :) just gotta count cals. I'm done for the day right now, 2400. should be enough. but I want more which tells me I've been eating too much.
I'm 60 too so things do slow down.

but thanks man, I am happy with my strength and power and endurance, that's for sure

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...