Monday, February 12, 2018

172.5 Military Press 5 x 2 PR!,48 kg belt squats,floor pushups pr, crawls, rear laterals



This went about perfect. Weight felt light, technique worked, made all five sets with no misses ( or even close). The only thing could have been better was  a few reps got slightly forward as I didn't keep my hips pushing forward enough at the sticking point.

But I was confident and mentally strong too. even a bit aggressive mentally. Ready to go. I  was not afraid of the weight at all.
Going from fives to doubles was good too, also mentally

I definitely could have been more coordinated in the technique though as I wasn't timing my lat/glute drive near enough. Perhaps TOO confident after the first set but there was still that  DREAD of trying to do something you've never done before and really really not wanting to miss :)

But I didn't

Military Press
45 x 5
65 x 3
105 x 3
120 x 2
135 x 2
150 x 1
165 x 1
172.5 x 2 x  5 sets PR all time!

Trying to decide which weights to take was  bit of a mess though. Should have though this through much earlier but it worked out

48 kg belt squats
10, 12, 14 16

long slow steady inhale on the descent for the win again!

Floor pushups
2 x 50  PR!
1 x 26 lol tricep death

crawls
3 sets of 70 fast!
no barfing today either :)

rear laterals
3 sets of 15 with 20

very strong.

BW 169.8 :)
BF 12.7
W 55.9

ok roll out tomorrow Next week is 180 for four singles!

datsit
dfq

No comments:

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...