Monday, February 19, 2018

180 lb Military press 4 x 1 PR!, 40kg belt squat, Floor pushups PR!,crawls, rear delts

 What a workout! I have to say I felt great coming in. Slept well, day went fast and easy, energy consistent all morning and surprisingly no extra coffee( which I had planned on ) , no tweaks ( thanks to yesterdays body work which I have been lazy about. Mentally too I was on. No weird doubts or fears just a very solid focus on the plan. This new starting technique has given me all kinds of confidence.
I can't do it perfectly all the time but when I hit it  the bar flies.

I lost groove today and sets one and two, not from the pressing part but getting loose in the body at the sticking point. Also didn't lock in the glutes enough on the second set ( video); the bar wasn't wobbling my body was! crazy that I could finish it at all

But in the end I put 180 lbs, five pounds off my all time one rep max, over my head four times

Military press
45 x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 3
120 x 3
135 x 1
150 x 1
160 x 1 ( strong and fast!)
170 x 1 ( also fast)
180 x 1 x 4 PR!!

ok first rep VERY ugly. Got out in front and up and down. Finished it but it was ugly
 second rep better but wobbly as hell
here


did not keep my glutes tight before the launch and never got them back.
 third set settling in


fourth rep was the best. fastest with best bar path

Not great confidence for 190 right now though. And today i felt STRONG! I have to get tighter on the  finished rack position and squeeze harder. NOT rush so much trying to get early speed. Coil the spring harder and more

40 kg belt squat
40 x 14, 16, 18, 20

back and hips are fine again. No sacral weirdness after those bad shoes went away

Floor pushups
3 x 50 PR!!1

wow, this was a shock and all were done very fast and explosively!

crawls

3 sets of 70 ft
strong too

rear delts
3 sets of 12 with 20's

BW 168.8
BF 12.7
W ? can't remember but usual for this BF

ok off tomorrow but I feel great right now with no tweaks or tighnesses at all!

datsit
dfq

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...