Monday, February 12, 2018

Sunday Ruck, back to speed

Really good one today, although I was more sore than expected from yesterdays power swing workout. Glutes were a bit tight but loosened up quickly and my calves, for the first time in a month were not super tight ( at the start at least).

Nice and crisp out too  which always helps my efforts.

Things were fine til the 8th lap which we timed  : 7:04! but my left calf got very tight and inhibited my dorsiflexion at the end of the lap. A bit of gastoc stretching helped that.

Didn't bother me after or on the last lap which yeiled an almost PR of 6:50!!
Gabe got an incredible 5:50 last lap! SO FAST I can't even believe it

50 lb Ruck
12 laps
11 iso squats
8th lap 7:04
12th lap 6:50
1:55 min

I was so close to getting under 6:40- next time. But the good news is that I could do two very fast laps again with no serious issues in recovery for the subsequent laps. Conditioning is getting bacl

BW 169.6
BF 12.1
W 56.7

big presses today ( writing this Mond AM) 172.5 for doubles! lets hope technique holds

datsit
dfq

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...