Monday, March 12, 2018

157.5 Military Press 5x5. Barbell squats 155x5 , floor pushups. crawls, side delts



And the beat goes on. Considering this was just 2.5 lbs ( which, in the pressing world can be monstrous!) under my all time best for 5x5 it was very strong. A few instance of balance issues ( lost glute tightness I think) but otherwise just solid

Also considering it was DST and I was up seriously early had an effect although it could have been a good one - I got to do the workout even earlier than usual.
Body felt good from this weekend and nothing special achey report. Energy felt decent all day, too

Mind was solid on the sets- almost no extra 'thinking' prior to the sets and I wasn't stalling at all. I was ready to go and get it done. Lots of confidence too, after that first set of five went well

Also took bigger jumps in the warmups. A bit tired of futzing around getting to these big weights. The fact that it was 70 degrees outside helped too ( still 42 in the garage though)

Military Press
45 x 5
65 x 5
85 x 3
108 x 2
135 x 1
157.5 x  5 x 5

fourth set ( balance issue one)


I think my elbows are starting to flare. But, all in all. VERY happy with this session. Next week is 162.5 for my all time PR and then, hopefully the week after that 165  for the goal weight!

Barbell back squat
45 x 5
95 x 5
135 x 5
155 x 5 x 2
 SO easy. Hardest thing is holding the bar on my back. It helps open up my shoulders but man it's still not comfortable



Floor pushups
3 sets of 42

surprisingly strong

Crawls
3 sets of 60 ft

Side delts
3 sets of 12 with 20
strongest this has felt at this weight

BW 170
BF 11.9
W 57.5

ok ready for a stretchout day

datsit
dfq

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back squat looked good, how'd the knew feel?

John

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks. my knee feels perfect, no pain at all :)

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...