Wednesday, March 21, 2018

20 kg Speed swings 13 min, 120 lb Mil Press, walking lunges, side delts

Pretty beat up still today. Nothing tweaked just tired and too sore, no big surprises. But I needed to step back from the edge so I did. 20 kg swings instead of 24. It was a good choice

I chose the 24 kg bell for speed work when I was doing 10x10/10 with the 48 kg bell every week. I no longer am. Perhaps the 20 kg is a better choice  given the average loads I use each week. We'll see when I recover.

Plus, that was also when my main goal was the Sinister swing test, now it is the 200 lb press so the target has changed a lot

20 kg speed swings
15:15 x 10 rpa
13 min
260 reps
11,440 lbs moved
RPE 6.5

this felt perfect, hard but strong the whole way though and no double breathing or distress at all



Military press
 changes:
false grip one finger off knurl
on concrete not mat
bar a tad bit lower on chest to start

Felt good except my left bicep tendon was wonky and shoulders were tired. Didn't push too hard.
Changes felt good but I don't have the ideal height for unracking the bar but the more solid ground felt 'right'
false grip allowed me to really grip the bar the entire rep something that I've been loosing contact with occasionally on hard reps
Bar did not drift forward at all but it's light

really mentally focused on driving bar in a straight line off the chest and moving my torso back  to 'get out of the way'

another angle


Mil press
45 x 3
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 3
120 x 3 x 10 sets

Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 steps
leaned over leg a bit more felt more mobile this way. been staying too upright I think. Might be time for another lunge variation. I think I've burned this one out

Side delts
3 sets of 12 with 20

BW 171.6!!!
BF 12.5
W 56.6

1 pm
BW 170.2
BF 11.1

ruck up tomorrow!

datsit

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...