Wednesday, March 14, 2018

24 kg speed swings 12 min, 120lb Mil press 10x3,walking lunges, rear delts

This was harder and easier, as I expected. It was easier mentally as 12 minutes is as close to a walk in the park with this protocol as can be. That's where things actually start to get hard for me
But knowing it's only twelve minutes I went out much harder than usual and that's always tough. Faster more powerful reps just tax you much more than going as hard as you can while simultaneously knowing you have to go a LONG TIME

So more hardstyle reps really got my HR and  respiration going.

24 kg speed swings
15:15 x 10 RPA
12 min
240 reps
12,720 lbs
RPE 8

Military press practice


trying to figure out how NOT to push the damn bar fowards and I think I figured it out! When I do my lat flexion some times it seems my elbows go behind the hands  and I lose that perpendicular forearm angle.

I have to compress the elbow straight down and not back at all so it's all drive under the bar
Here's another angle


10 sets of 3 with 120

will see how this works on Monday :)

Walking lunges
3 sets of 40 steps

hard today

rear delts
3 sets of 12 with 20 lbs


BW 170.8
BF 11.9 ( lowest it's been in the AM without a bath in months)
W 57.1

ok lets see if I can make my ruck tomorrow. Have to work extra late

datsit
dfq

PS Bench press!

In preparation for the SFL in May I did some benches at No Ex today. Just a few. I have to press 215 for a single for my strength test and it should be no problem but I haven't benched in 15 years! wow! that's a LONG time considering I competed for 13!

But it felt easy today. No problem at all
Flat back, medium grip with thumb over, took the weight out myself

bar x 5
95 x 2
115 x 2
135 x 1
155 x 1

felt just like a weighted pushup to the horizontal bar!




No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...