Wednesday, April 11, 2018

20 kg speed swings 12 min, 120 lb Military press 10 x 3, walking lunges, side delts

This went very well. Strong throughout and got some good techniques revelations for the press setup.

The swings were a  little slow getting going as I could feel the soreness the heavy presses had left behind but things soon opened up. Really concentrated on max power output and  bell height on each and every rep.

It's interesting how sometimes ( many time s:) ) the shorter sessions are the tougher as you don't hold back so much. Kind of the idea with Hardstyle

20 kg Speed swings
12 min
240 reps
10,560 lbs tonnage
RPE 7

Military press


45 x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 3
120 x 3 x 10 sets

so strong. Bar path and overhead position just how I want it to go with 200 lbs!
The key on the walkout is really having the bar weight on the chest and torso and not in the hands/arms.
That lets me get the elbows into position for the drive.
The one rep I didn't do that I felt my biceps tendon chirp and the bar went forward. Just what was happening on monday.
Wont' make that mistake again
Also, if the weight is on the chest and the arms AND hands relaxed I can "pull the trigger" i.e quickly crush grip the bar AS I start to press. I don't have to open my hands just have them relaxed. We'll see if this works with real weight on monday

Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 steps
back to shorter steps and really letting the front leg go forward AND making sure the back knee touches
Hard today but quality reps

Side laterals
3 sets of 12 with 20
hard but strong

BW 170.8
BF 12.7
W 56.1

at 1 pm 170 even

Can't neglect the stir fry :)

ok ruck up tomorrow. can't wait!

datsit!

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...