Wednesday, April 04, 2018

20 kg Speed swings 15 min,115 lb Military press, walking lunges, rear laterals

 This went way better than expected. This speed work has been kicking my ass for I don't know how long but I expected it to be stronger than it's been. Even when I dropped to the 20 kg it wasn't much better.
Until today.
Today felt like it used to feel. Strong. Mentally as well as physically. I dialed right in and didn't even look at the clock. At no point was it hard and I put max effort into each rep and set
Finally!
Bell speed and height was good and things fell into place

20 kg speed swings
15:15 x 10 rpa
15 min
300 reps
13,200 lbs

Military press


this was excellent as well. Weight felt light, bar path was perfect and it was easy
45 x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 2
120 x 3 x 10 sets

I'm really excited about this lift now going forward

Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 steps

even this was easiest it has been in forever!

Rear laterals
3 sets of 15 with 20
same here! highest reps done yet

BW 170.2
BF 11.9
W 57.1

ruck up tomorow. lets see if it holds there too

datsit

No comments:

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...